I love good food. I love good food so much that I put good food on good food.
The array dazzles me dizzy.
How does one sauce up a plate when sugar, gluten, and soy are off the table. Well, here is what’s shaken on my kitchen shelf.
1) Salt: Not just salt. Infused salt. Plain white salt is for prison cafeteria, I am overwhelmed by the amount intriguing and delicious salt variations I come across. I will only touch on one. It is a celtic sea salt imbued with dried mushroom.
When I use it tiny crystal pyramids dissolve slowly on the tongue, flooding my brain with slow release umami mania. Any food I put it on trespasses deep into personally unknown realms of flavor country.
Salt, push its limits. Shake it liberally.
2) Hot Sauce: I worry about the additives packaged food, so I use hot sauce.
Options galore, with ingredients lists that satisfy even the most scrupulous clean eater. Burn Baby Burn (Disco Inferno!) Brand is currently bring the Hell to my plate.
Proceeds go to support the Black Panther Party’s philanthropic efforts. Groovy
3) Sprouted Stuff: What makes a salad great, crunchy bits. No wonder old stale chunks of bread (croutons) accompany greens in the poshest of restaurants.
Nuts to your croutons! Nuts instead of croutons for that matter. A jar some sort of nut or seed is usually on my table. Being a nutrition nerd, I often go the extra mile and sprout and dehydrate them as well. This is great fun and rather easy.
Still, we are busy folks. For care free Cruching just put a jar pumpkin seeds/almonds/cashews on the table
4) Mustard: Wonderful for the same reason as hot sauce. The ingredients are friendly (quite healthy in fact) and the varieties seem to be endless.
5) Pepper: Flavor bomb. No explanation necessary.
Five fun finishers for you healthful palate. Heap em’ on with out a care.