This Chrismas Give the Gut a GiftPosted: December 18, 2013
Stumped on holiday gift options?
Why not ferment something. There is still enough time to let some veggie’s get old in your kitchen.
It is cheap. It is original. It is easier than you think.
Here is what I am giving folks this year.
Spicy Christmas Dill’s (they are red and green get it)
– 1-gallon glass jar or equivalent in quart jars
– Brine: For every 2 cup water, mix in 1 Tbsp sea salt
– Cucumbers (small to medium)
– Spicy red peppers (jalapeño, Thai, whatever as long as they are red)
– A handful of fresh, clean grape leaves, optional
– Tbsp pepper corn
– 4-5 cloves garlic