God Made Dessert: And Dessert Don’t HurtPosted: July 3, 2013
I am a creature of habit. One of those habits is a little something sweet before retiring for the evening. Being BIG on dessert does not have to mean my dessert is Big.
Here are two quick, sweet, and fairly harmless recipes to hack a sweet tooth.
First, try Daniel’s Ten minute Truffles.
– 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
– 1 1/2 cup Cacao Powder
– Extra Cacao Powder for rolling truffles
– 1/4 cup liquid sweet (Vanilla Palm Syrup is what Daniel goes for)
– Pinch of Salt (SO KEY!)
– Bonus points: Chopped nuts (Walnuts, Almond, and Hazelnuts)
1) Melt the coconut oil down in a double boiler (melt bowl over a steaming pot).
2) Add the Cacao Powder, sweetener, and salt to the Coconut Oil and mix together until smooth.
3) Allow the mixture to cool a little bit so it’s easy to handle and then roll into bite sized truffles.
4) Roll the truffles in Cacao Powder and then chopped nuts
The recipe is a definite a plug for the Coracao Palm syrup, but you can sub what ever liquid sweetener you have (Maple, Honey, coconut nectar, agave, etc.).
For a even speedier sweet try this recipe for one. Five ingredients to make a pudding that tastes like the chocolate cake batter my Madre let me lick of the beaters.
– 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
– Pinch of Vanilla, or drop of extract
– 1 teaspoon Cacao Powder
– 1/2 teaspoon liquid sweet (Vanilla Palm Syrup or maple are my go tos)
– Pinch of Salt ( again SO KEY!)
– Bonus Points: Chopped nuts, pinch of cayenne powder, coffee grounds
1) Throw all ingredients into a small bowl
2) Stir them until well incorprated
3) What thats it!? Awesome, Enjoy
Tell me that doesn’t taste like cake batter